Home Remedies for acidity 1:
- After meals, take a piece of clove and suck slowly. This not only gives instant relief, but also contributes to reducing attacks of diseases arising from the acidity.
- Cloves have a direct impact on our digestive process. It helps to build appetite, eliminates phlegm and also increases the number of white blood cells.
Home Remedies for acidity 2:
- Chewing a few Tulsi (Basil) leaves after a meal. This not just works as an antacid as it helps the body absorb food but also prevents reflux and the formation of ulcers.
- The medicinal properties of basil leaves will give you instant relief from acidity, gas and nausea.
- Just eat some basil leaves thoroughly at the first sign of trouble with acid. Be sure to chew thoroughly.
- You can also boil three to five basil leaves in a cup of water for 15 minutes. You can sweeten the tea with honey basil. Do not add milk, however. Sip frequently.
- For those who suffer from acidity often keep ground and dried basil leaves handy that can be consumed with water or tea for instant relief.
Home Remedies for acidity 3:
- Take a glass of warm water, add a pinch of asafoetida(hing) and have it every morning to prevent acidity.
- Make a fine powder by adding equal amounts of ginger powder, black pepper, dried mint leaves, asafetida (hing), anise seeds, coriander seeds, cumin, fennel and common salt. Dosage: Take 1 teaspoon of this powder with water, twice daily after meals.
Home Remedies For Acidity and Heartburn:
- Acid reflux is a painful burning sensation in the region of the throat and esophagus is often accompanied by heartburn, chest pain, sore throat or regurgitation. Although acid reflux can come without warning, often chronically ill after eating a "food trip." Many fatty and oily foods such as almonds, are common triggers for reflux.
- Almonds are good source for relieving the heartburn and acidity. Eat several almonds when heartburn symptoms persist. Works wonders.
Natural Home Remedies for Acidity
- To lower aggravated pitta, a standard recommendation is to take two teaspoons of ghee in a glass of warm milk. This also acts as a laxative, which contributes to excess pitta flower system. Ayurveda recommends this laxative effect (karma virechana) to be the best therapy to correct the aggravated pitta. Ask your ghee and milk instead of dinner, or two hours after a very light meal. You can also do this instead of breakfast (do not take ghee, however, if you have a problem with high cholesterol).
- Milk & Ghee used as medicine to cure the following ailments: Acidity, Anemia, Anti-dote of poison, Anti-dots of drugs (Bhang etc.), Asthma, Bilious Irruption, Boils on the tongue and palate, Blood Impurity, Bleeding Dysentery, Burning sensation of eyes, Constipation, Chronic cough, Chronic fever, Chilblains of sole, Dark complexion, Dark freckles on the face, Diarrhea, Diabetes, Epilepsy, Gonorrhea, Gout, General Debility, Jaundice, Nose Bleeding, Natural sleep inducing tonic, Piles, Rashes due to Biliousness.
Home Remedies for acidity
- Dates are alkaline. They help in curbing acidity by leaving an alkaline residue after digestion occurs. Start your day with 2-3 dates!!