Shunya Mudra -- (Heaven Mudra)
Shunya Mudra -- (Heaven Mudra):
Ancient texts speak of Shunya Mudra as harnessing the energies of the thumb and middle fingers, (fire and ether), to access the Heavenly Realm.
Modern science sees neural pathways being formed and energy being directed to specific areas of the body, here the sense of hearing is enhanced making this a healing tool for many types of ear, balance and hearing issues.
This mudra can also be useful in overcoming motion sickness and vertigo, release the fingers as soon as the symptoms have past.
Method of performing Shunya Mudra:
- Bend the middle finger so that its tip rests on the mound of your thumb.
- Bend your thumb until it presses lightly on the middle finger. All other fingers should point straight up to the sky.
- This Mudra can be performed for 45 minutes every day or can be performed in three sessions of 15 minutes each.
- The Shunya Mudra is usually performed with both hands.
Your movement will be restricted. When there are too much of problems in your life -- one problem after another, your problems will be restricted due to this Mudra.
Benefits of Shunya Mudra:
- There are a number of benefits of performing the Shunya Mudra.
- This is an excellent Mudra for dealing with all hearing related problems.
- It can be used to treat earaches, ringing noises in the ears, and partial or complete deafness.
- It can also help you overcome travel sickness or vertigo.
- The Shunya mudra assists listening and speech. Primarily a remedy for ear afflictions.
- Improves the voice of those who are dumb since birth.
- Give relex to sudden sencelessness of body due to some shock.
- Cures numbness in any part of the body.
Precaution: If you are not sure how to perform this mudra, kindly contact any physician or yoga tutor.